SLIDER

Wednesday 22 October 2014

MyRunway Part 1

My Runway Part 1

So y’all know I’m always involved in one thing or another and can never get enough of fashion and style. In light of the third upcoming My Runway show I though why not dedicate a post to something that’s made my style and fashion life that much better.

For the past two years I’ve taken part in an event held in my university town Coventry. My runway is a fashion show hosting and presenting new and up-coming designers not only in Coventry but the UK and around the world.
As I am, I’ve always been interested in fashion which isn't new to any of you  and  have invested time in exploring new styles.

On the debut of the event I was quick to get myself involved and honestly I haven’t regretted it since then. As I said I participated in not only the first show but the second one also. It quickly became a talked about event, and for us involved we continued to grow as a unit and a family.

The show was created by Kojo Marfo and Daryl Amankwah, but has an extensive team that brings together what we show the world. A huge shout out to Sinead Banful the creative director of the show; when you say someone is a character! Honestly the first time she presented herself to us we knew we were in for a ride. Her level of talent and creativity is amazing (as she would say it's not her its God) A year later and her partner in crime Shannice Mears – Cheoreographer, joined the team and well let’s just say they are unstoppable.

This year not only is the team expanding but the show is growing. I’m just sitting back giving everyone a round of applause because from auditions to the final performance the growth is so real, it’s like literally watching a baby grow.

Because sinead loves me and hopefully because I can walk good ha I was blessed and truly grateful to have a central role in the most recent show. Playing a mix between Cinderella and a devious character Ronnie (my prince) and I portrayed our love story to the audience. It was so awesome he proposed and all ha.
The shows are so fun and do more than showcase fashion but bring in the art of dance and acting as well.

Images shown are from the second show hosted in the Belgrade theatre, for more images go on to http://myrunwaygroup.com/about.html or search myrunwaygroup on facebook and Instagram


Hope you likey.
.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think.?

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design